28 July 2011

Happy Birthday, Blog!

Okay, so maybe I missed it by a couple of weeks...

Regardless, I'm kind of proud of the fact that I haven't totally forgotten about it and shelved it for eternity! Honestly, I've had a lot to say lately, just not enough time to say it. But, I got up early-ish today so I could accomplish some things, and those things having been accomplished, I have a little time to write!

Summer is going by far too quickly for my taste. I am ready to be back at Blue Mountain, but only to see my friends. I'd like to forget the fact that going back to school actually means going back to school. It's a good thing I'm looking at graduating this year; I'm not sure I could take this "senioritis" thing for much longer than that. Summers have changed a lot since high school; my whole family works now, so it's no longer about planning things on my dad's vacation. We have to co-ordinate four separate and drastically different work schedules to get any semblance of "family vacation." I did get to go out for ice cream with my dad a couple of weeks ago, just him and me. ^_^

Before I head to the Mountain, I'm planning to pitch a tent in the back yard, so I can say I went camping at least once this summer. That used to be our family's "thing," loading up the truck and van to camp at Rough River State Park and take the boat out on the lake. Many, many good memories up there. =] I'd also like to have a bonfire before the summer is over, but seeing as we live next to a subdivision and a fire station, I'm not sure how well that would go over.

Online classes continue to haunt my daily existence. This is week four of two eight-week classes I'm taking through Campbellsville University. Long story, but it's been a nightmare trying to get these things in order. Lots of busywork as well, which is highly irritating. My repeated mantra lately is "earlygraduationearlygraduationearlygraduation!"

No comments:

Post a Comment