04 July 2010

Where I'm Going

Having said all that, here's where I am now:

(Well, aside from at home for the weekend...)

-Eighteen years old (almost nineteen! yikes!)
-Sophomore in college
-Biblical Studies major
-Summer camp lifeguard
...and perhaps a future foreign missionary.

That's mostly what this is about, I think. Having told God that I'll be whatever He wants and go wherever He wants, I'm open to pretty much anything. I believe I was called to missions in the summer of 2006 (one of the times He was trying to get my attention before last fall), but I'd put that away in the back of my mind for more than three years. Once I got legit, it came to the forefront again. I argued this with God for a couple of months, actually. I still wanted to hold onto my dream of acting professionally, bargaining that maybe New York or Los Angeles could be my mission field. He wasn't buying it. Well, I figured if I'm going to do this, I've gotta do it the right way. I still wondered what I was going to do with this affinity I have for acting. Why would God give that to me if I wasn't to use it somehow?

He's got a sense of humor to be sure. I've recently learned that people who are good with assuming characters and accents are typically quick studies when it comes to learning languages and the ins and outs of foreign cultures. It was definitely an "aha!" moment when this all fell together. I've loved languages for as long as I can remember. Pair that with what talent I've been given for acting, mix it with a desire for adventure and a love of travel, add it to a longing to share this Jesus with people who don't know Him, and you've got yourself a foreign missionary.

This blows my mind. Granted, I don't know where in the world (literally) I'm headed, but I'm surprisingly pretty cool with it. He's got it all worked out. Let's be real; He has been beyond patient with this wretch until now. He's turned me every which way but loose. He's not going to quit and I don't want Him to. He amazes me more and more every day. Now that I know what I'm doing with my life (rather, what God is doing with my life), I have simply to hang on for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment