14 February 2011

Day 05

Day 05-a time you thought about ending your own life

Definitely should have read over these before I started the challenge...Very few people know about this, but I'm the one who wanted to write every day for thirty days, so I'll take what's given me.

In high school, I went through bouts with depression, especially in the winter and at the beginning of every new year. January 2006 was really rough for me. I'd screwed up and thought I'd done irreparable damage to my relationship with my parents, so I tried to commit suicide. Obviously it didn't work, but looking back, I can see how that was the enemy trying to take me out before I really knew the Lord. I'm not gonna lie and say it's all been hunky-dory since He saved me, but my relationship with Christ is the one thing I know will never let me down no matter how badly I screw up. I have a hope I didn't know before. Coming back from my overseas Christmas trip was a difficult experience as well. I never contemplated suicide, but it was hard to function for the first week or so, but God was there to lift me out of it when I struggled to see the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment